Pages

Sunday 9 January 2011

EVALUATION QUESTION 5

I have seen a gap in the market for music magazines that there is no music magazine for unsigned music for young adult/teen readers, more specifically into my music genre of acoustic, indie, pop punk and soft rock. This means I would have less competition if I was to publish this magazine.

Referring back to my reader profile, my target audience is the students of a medium range of 19 years old. This meant that the magazine has to have a lot of aspects that will attract a teenager willing to spend their money on the magazine. Bold colours and fonts are one of my features I used mainly to attract the readers’ eyes as well as many photos of ‘musicians’ the same age as them which they can relate to. The reader profile was created so I could make my own ideal reader.

When I posted my survey monkey results and analysed them, I realised that red & purple were the majority’s favourite colours hence decided the house colours. The research also revealed that my audience prefer a modern and sleek layout which I followed onto with my contents page.  

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment