Pages

Tuesday 9 November 2010

READER PROFILE

Before creating my reader profile I went on ipcadvertising.com to look at other music magazine reader profiles to investigate what well-known magazines' readerships are like. NME and UNCUT had a similar sense of style and music but UNCUT was a more classic music magazine whilst NME was more modern.

I have decided to call my magazine name Notions of Music (NOM). This is because 'nom' is modern slang for teenagers and young people for the sound of eating. It is used not only for eating but in general talk for my target audience. Due to this fact, it is quite fitting to use this acronym so that my target audience have something to relate with and find it quite amusing. Of course, what NOM stands for has to be authentic. 'Notions of Music', basically translates to the 'ideas of music'. I think this was a good title as my magazine is supposedly made about unsigned artists and bands so new ideas about music are gathered. The logo I created shows a purple strip going across the motif to represent the (main) house colour. It is a simple logo that is sleek and modern which is what my target audience preferred when I did my SurveyMonkey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment